Media Nite 2k16

As the school year comes to a grand final, I find myself torn apart between finals and school concerts. This is when I realize that I need a movie night. So where do I go? Obviously the SOTA Media Nite department's movie showcase: Media Nite! 

I actually missed the Media Nite at the beginning of this school year, so this was my first Media Nite for this year and it was a blast!  

One general thing I enjoyed very much about the evening was that all of the movies had contrasting themes and ideas which were seamlessly woven together, producing a very wholesome effect. This made the evening pass by quickly and enjoyably. 

I will honestly say that I did not take notes during the evening so I have nothing to say about the specific movies, but I will say that they were all very original and intriguing. From silent films to animations to movies filmed abroad, Media Nite was memorable in every aspect of the word.

Special thanks to Salome Milstead and Scott Eberhardt. 

I will follow up with a mini-interview with Salome once I get all the information from her.

Here is a list of the movies featured:

Welcome to media Nite by the Senior Class of 2016 (Batle, Bergensten, Blecker, Foggini, Fryxell, Gandara, Garcia, Ozawa-Burns, Sierra, Slocum, Syed, Vu)

The Last Night of 1983 by Dylan Lalanne-Perkins

Dame For Days by the freshman class (Batres, Bucky, Elleston, Jones, Karliner-Li, Rustia, Simon, Talyamsky, Villavicencio), edited by Cole Simon.

Mes Amours edited by Sarah Jones.

Where I'm From by Linda de la Rosa

Out of the Boz by Shiloh Atkinson

The Sisters by Ethan Bresnick

Outdoor Artist by Kedyn Sierra

Epoch by Reign Lafreniere

Entrance by Nilo Batle 

Out of this World by Phil Elleston

The Nine Billion Names of God by Max Bergensten

Takes Two To Tango by Alisha Syed and Aodhan Ozawa-Burns

The Clay Pigeon by Ben Vu and Charlie Blecker

Two Of A Kind by Charlie Blecker

Home Sweet Home by Gabbi Garcia 

Safe At Home by Ethan Bresnick

Soft Targets by Luca Foggini, Ben Vu, and Charlie Blecker

Reveries of Vomit by Chaia Startz

Samsara by Junior/Sophomore Soundstage project (Atkinson, Bresnick, Brownfield-Magee, Hewett, Novorodsky-Godt, Startz, Askew, de la Rosa, Hansen, Lafreniere, Lalanne-Perkins, Mirfattah-Khan, Puliatti, and Smith) edited by Salome Milstead. 

Sleeper by Aodhan Ozawa-Burns

Nova by Minnie Slocum

Dedicated to Elvia Marta!!! <3 


Comments